One of the later entries into the ‘superfood’ bucket of the Western world, ghee, has always been held up as a rich source of nutrients by Indians.
GHEE, AN AGE-OLD STAPLE OF INDIAN HOMES
As per Ayurveda it is always considered ghee as a great source of nutrients which makes it a household staple. As an Ayurvedic tradition, ghee is utilised in conjunction with herbal therapy to improve overall health and immunity. Recently, it has gained popularity amongst the millennials as a healthier alternative to butter in most cases, owing to its purported medicinal benefits. As all of the milk solids are removed during the production of ghee, it’s also a great supplement for lactose-intolerant people.
However, not all kinds of ghee have the same benefits.
The benefits of ghee vary and depend on the process it is manufactured from.
“Bilona method is the traditional 4-step process of preparing ghee and is considered to provide the purest and most authentic taste, as well as multiple health benefits. Bilona A2 ghee is a Cultured Ghee prepared from milk of desi cows and not from cream. Fermented butter is first churned from yoghurt or curd prepared out of milk from the organic grass-fed desi cows. The ghee is then prepared by simmering this fermented butter, which removes all the water content, leaving just the nutritious richness”
Proven health benefits of Bilona A2 Cow Ghee in various conditions
The nutritional content of the Bilona Ghee is more as compared to others. It contains a higher amount of vitamins, antioxidants, omega-3 fatty acid DHA, omega-6 (CLA), and mono-saturated fatty acid (MUFA).
Bilona A2 Cow ghee has been successfully used in various health conditions and has proved to be beneficial to a large extent:
- Comfort from Migraine: One of the best home remedies for headaches is Desi Cow Ghee (A2 ghee). Those who suffer from headaches should consume 4-5 black pepper and drink 2-3 teaspoons of desi cow ghee daily in the morning. It provides a great deal of comfort. Ghee can also be consumed with a glass of mild, warm milk.
- Strengthens the immune system: Bilona Ghee is high in fat-soluble vitamins like A, D, E, and K, which help boost immunity. These vitamins are essentials for heart and brain function, as well as bone growth.
- Recovery from ailments: Pure desi ghee can improve a sick person’s health and well-being. According to Ayurveda, eating a spoon of ghee every day is beneficial to one’s health. A2 cow ghee, on the other hand, is known for its nutritional value, that provides the strength needed to recover faster from ailments.
- Good For Heart: General or cheap Ghee, like all fats, has been linked to an increase in cholesterol levels. On the other hand, A2 Bilona Ghee is much safer for heart health than refined oil, contrary to popular belief. The fats in A2 Bilona Ghee, according to the Ayurvedic books ’ are not linked to heart disease because Bilona Ghee long-chain fatty acids are used directly as energy by the body rather than being stored as fats. A2 Bilona Ghee has been demonstrated in studies to help lower bad cholesterol while increasing good cholesterol.
- Helps in weight loss: Butyric acid in Bilona ghee helps in digestion along with burning stubborn fat in the body, thereby improving metabolism. This helps the body in weight management making ghee an important part of a balanced diet for weight control.
- Helps detox: Consuming at least a teaspoon of Bilona ghee during a meal helps dissolve and eliminate toxins like lipid-soluble through the digestive tract.
- Improved energy levels: Bilona ghee is a fantastic source of instant energy as it can be easily absorbed. The body feels more energetic right away because of the rapid conversion of fat into energy.
- Nutrition for kids: Because of its exceptional quality and nutrition, Bilona ghee is an essential part of baby diets. It is an important source of energy for growing children. The Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids in Bilona ghee aid in memory and brain power enhancement and minimises the risk of neurological disorders.